Diffusing essential oils can make your house smell good naturally and toxin-free! But did you know that diffusing the right essential oils will also affect mood, improve health, or ward off insects? Read below to learn the top 10 reasons you'll want to diffuse essential oils. I'll even include some of my favorite essential oils for each category!
1. Promote restful and relaxing sleep. Diffuse: Lavender, Wild Orange, Serenity Restful Blend, Vetiver, or Bergamot
2. Uplift mood and reduce stress. Diffuse: Elevation Joyful Blend, Balance Grounding Blend, Citrus Bliss Invigorating Blend, or Peace Reassuring Blend
3. Purify and disinfect air when immune system is compromised. Diffuse: On Guard Protective Blend, Lemon, or Wild Orange
4. Breathe easier including seasonal support. Diffuse: Breathe Respiratory Blend, or TriEase Seasonal Blend
5. Set the mood for intimacy. Diffuse: Ylang Ylang, Clary Sage, Patchouli, Lavender, Jasmine, or Rose
6. Improve focus and concentration. Diffuse: Intune Focus Blend, Rosemary, or Frankincense
7. Eliminate odors and freshen air. Diffuse: Purify Cleansing Blend, Lemon, or your favorite oil
8. Repel insects. Diffuse: Terrashield Repellent Blend, Cedarwood, or Lemongrass
9. Help the body feel cool. Diffuse: Peppermint, Spearmint, or Eucalyptus
10. Boost energy and reduce fatigue. Diffuse: Peppermint/Wild Orange, Grapefruit, or Frankincense
So, how many drops of essential oils should you use? That will depend on which brand of essential oils you use and the quality of your diffuser. If you have a diffuser with 1-3 micron levels then it will properly disperse the oils into the air with less drops of essential oils needed. Also, keep in mind that dōTERRA® essential oils are super potent and likely stronger than any other brands you may have diffused in the past. For this reason, I recommend diffusing 1-3 drops of essential oil in smaller bedrooms or a kid's room. In larger areas such as a living room you'll want to diffuse 4-6 drops. Of course these recommendations apply to the dōTERRA® diffusers such as the Aromalite, Petal, or Lumo. If you are using the Aroma Ace then no need to worry about drops of essential oil as the bottle of essential oil hooks up straight to the diffuser and will dispense accordingly when you set the timer.
Which was your favorite reason for diffusing essential oils and which ones are you planning on diffusing next? One of my absolute favorite blends to diffuse is 1-2 drops of dōTERRA's® Wild Orange with 1-2 drops of the On Guard Protective Blend. I love that it puts my whole family in a great mood while supporting our immune systems. We typically diffuse this when I'm hosting playdates in my home.
Looking to buy dōTERRA® essential oils? If you are not already working with another doTERRA Wellness Advocate, I would love to help you get started. You can order a set of oils through my ordering site HERE. Happy Oiling!
Subscribe to blog via e-mail
Enter your e-mail address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by e-mail.