With Fathers Day quickly approaching, if you are anything like me, you are brainstorming ideas for gifts to get that special man in your life. Whether it is your own father, or your children's father, or even if its your brother, or your son, that is a daddy, we still like to celebrate dads everywhere, on this special day!
Often times though, I wonder "What do you buy for the man who has everything?" How do I go shop for gifts for men that I have bought hundreds of gifts for, over the years? So this year, I decided to make some special Do-It-Yourself gifts, for all the Fathers in our lives.
Homemade Beard Balm
So many men today have beards, and I find them constantly grooming their beards, trimming it, and even trying to soften their ruggedness, so why not make them a homemade beard balm, using a simple recipe including doTERRA Essential Oils.
This beard balm is an all-natural, leave-in conditioner that nourishes and moisturizes the beard. It stops dryness, tangles, and frizz while bringing out the beard's natural luster.
2 teaspoons beeswax
1 teaspoon shea butter
3 teaspoons doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil
½ teaspoon vitamin E oil
2 drops Cedarwood Essential Oil
2 drops Melaleuca Essential Oil
2 drops Rosemary Essential Oil
- Combine all ingredients, except essential oils, in glass container.
- Place jar in saucepan with one–two inches of boiling water.
- Stir ingredients until melted and thoroughly combined.
- Remove from heat and let rest for three minutes.
- Add essential oils and stir
- Pour mixture into an empty tin or airtight glass jar.
- Let balm rest one–two hours before use.
Homemade Man Cave Spray
We all know that man who likes his own space. That man who has his hideaway room in the house. His "ManCave". His getaway room. Basically his room for his toys, his musical instruments, his video games, his sports trophies and posters, and maybe even his workout gym equipment.
So why not make him a great, manly smelling, room spray? Help that man to keep his room smelling fresh and clean, and manly at the same time!
4 oz glass spray bottle
4 oz of distilled water
1 tsp of witch hazel (or vodka is optional)
14 drops of Cedarwood Essential Oil
14 drops of White Fir Essential OIl
14 drops of Cypress Essential Oil
"Man Cave Spray" label (optional of course)
Using witch hazel or vodka will help to preserve the blend over time. If you don’t have these ingredients then be sure to definitely used distilled water (not tap) and make a smaller batch so it will be used over a shorter length of time.
- Add the cedarwood, white fir and cypress essential oils to the bottle followed by 1 teaspoon of witch hazel or vodka.
- Fill the bottle (close to the top) with distilled water.
- Add the spray top, shake and spray! Enjoy the smell of clean AND manly!!
- Be sure to always shake the spray before each use to ensure everything is mixed together properly.
DIY Shaving Cream
Fortified with natural lubricants and essential oils, this homemade shaving cream improves razor glide for a close, comfortable shave. Great for men, and women too, this shaving cream will leave skin smooth, healthy, and moisturized.
⅓ cup shea butter
⅓ cup coconut oil
¼ cup doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil
5 drops Sandalwood Essential Oil
5 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
5 drops Melaleuca Essential Oil
- Place all ingredients, except for essential oils, in double boiler.
- Once melted, remove from heat and let sit three minutes.
- Add essential oils and stir until combined.
- Let shaving cream rest until hard.
- Tip: You can put it in the refrigerator to speed up the cooling process.
- Using hand or stand mixer, whip shaving cream until light and fluffy.
- Place in a glass container of your choice.
The Amavi Set
This collection includes:...
- Amavi Touch 10 mL
- Amavi After Shave Lotion
- ONYX Balance Bath Bar
The Amavi blend includes many unique oils such as Buddha Wood, Balsam Fir, and Hinoki...none of which we can buy individually!!!
For a limited time only, this collection will be available for purchase!!
Hurry, because they won't last!
Ask me about getting yours!!
To learn more about the Amavi line, you can check out this great little video below from Dr Hill.